This was the first recipe I made when I decided to go Gluten Free for the month of September. It was surprisingly easy to make and the perfect GF grab-n-go snack! I love that these bars are healthy and light, but also hearty and dense. Once the bars were completely cooled, I divided them into squares and wrapped them individually- perfect to throw in the diaper bag for…emergencies!
Bonus: your house will radiate of yummy fall feelings :)
2 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats, divided (I used GF oats)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 large banana, mashed
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 8x8 baking pan with non-stick spray
2. Add 1 cup of oats to a blend and blend until it turns into a flour-like substance
3. Add milk, mashed banana, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla into a large bowl and whisk together
4. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups of oats, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in chopped pecans and put entire mixture into the strayed 8x8 baking dish.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes
6. Let the dish cool completely before cutting into it. Store in refrigerator.
Do you have a favorite grab-n-go snack? Let me know in the comments below!