Like many of us, I'm a member of several "Mommy Groups" on Facebook. Every week I see someone asking for advise on what to (and what not to) include on their baby registries. Creating any type of registry is extremely overwhelming to begin with and everyone has such diverse opinions.
Bottom line, every parent and every baby is different. In health coaching, I talk a lot about bio-individuality, or the concept that "one person's food is another person's poison"; same thing applies to baby stuff! But...I can't help myself, so here's my 2 cents. Instead of overwhelming you with a laundry list of "things" here are my top 10 picks. In other words, these were our lifesavers in the first few weeks of life with a newborn (in no particular order).
1. Graco Pack n' Play with Newborn Napper - a portable, sturdy basinet that you can use as the child grows and becomes more mobile. Bonus: it's easy to pack up and store. It also makes a great toy bin ;-)
2. Graco Swing - because you need a break every once in a while!
3. Noise Maker - trust me, this is still a staple baby item in our house.
4. Jogging Stroller- we used this stroller WAY more than the regular stroller. It's easy to pack up and has a smooth ride (I noticed the difference with baby and also with myself- it was much easier on my body when going for walks, etc.). Bonus: the turning radius was much better for stores! (you'll also need to purchase this).
5. Burp Cloths - babies are messy and if you can avoid 1 mess a day, that's a win!
6. Emergency Stash of Formula - Whether you plan to formula feed or not, I highly suggest having a stash in case of emergencies. My milk supply ended up drying up and baby needed to eat at 2 am- this was a lifesaver (literally)! This probably means you should keep a bottle or two around as well.
7. Humidifier - We noticed a huge difference with our baby's health and well being by having this running every night. Still, another staple we use today!
8. Diapers/wipes - because you can NEVER have enough!
9. Clothes with ZIPPERS - sleep deprived mamas, save yourself the frustration!
10. Extra Infant Car Seat Bases because...ain't nobody got time for that.
So, there you have it! If you're looking for a simplified registry list of necessities in the first few weeks of life- this is it! It'll be interesting to see if this survival list rings true for baby #2!
Welcome to Moms in Harmony, I'm so glad you're here! My name is Meg and I'm a healthy lifestyle enthusiast, holistic advocate, wannabe blogger, Wife, and Mom trying to get the hang of it all. Kick off your flip flops and stay awhile!
Follow Me on Instagram